Yep. It’s that time once more. The end of another wonderful, heartbreaking, exciting, disappointing, joyous, and sad year is upon us. I’ve really gone through A LOT of things this year. Both good and bad. All, of course, great learning experiences. I took quite some time to myself to just reflect on the goals I was able to meet this year. Majority of those goals, I accomplished. Hey… it’s better than setting up a list of false resolutions for the sake of advertisement and not moving a foot, right?
Last summer (for those of you who don’t know), I randomly quit my job as a footwear associate in retail to pursue my passion for art and creativity. I quit with no explanation given to anyone besides, “I found something better.” I hung up that [hone and popped a Soul Train move. POW!
I also gained much-needed insight into my life. I have several things to rid myself of if I plan to continue growing and gaining more opportunities with blogging, business, and life in general.
Have you ever gotten to a point in your life where things may seem great BUT you always feel you were made to be in a certain place in life by now? I have. Don’t get me wrong but I am truly thankful for everything I have and am able to do now but having abundance in love, life, business, and family will never be something I want lesser of. Here is what I plan to accomplish for 2014 (or at least the majority):
- Blog more regularly. I’ve been slacking JUST a bit because of other outside happenings. At most, 6-8 times a month minimum.
- Record More Videos. I adore Youtube. When I first started my channel in 2011, I posted a new vid often. 2013 has proven to be challenging that I only posted maybe 5-6 times this year on my channel so I plan to get back to that much-needed outlet.
- Sleep More. Eat Better. Yes… the culprit of my bad habits. Lack of sleep. I’m getting better. I also want to continue with my health discovery towards eating better and more organically. Oh, did I mention I got my first “Love With Food” sub box this week? YUM for a great cause!
- Partner With More Brands + Bloggers. This is my ultimate goal. I’ve done quit well since starting my blogging a fews ago but I want to be even more deep into partnerships for the new year.
- Reach 40+ Returning Design Clients. I’ve been fortunate enough to work with a great deal of people this year. So much that my business pretty much gained new client friends on it’s own this entire year. Word of mouth is powerful! I appreciate all who I’ve had the pleasure of designing for to thank for that.
- Delegate More Time For Just Me. Ok…I suck at this. I love what I do. Sometimes, I forget to even get up and pee when I need to because I stay glued to my laptop or social media (don’t judge). I can’t count on neither of my hands or feet the many times I’ve stayed up ALL NIGHT, literally… just working. Only getting 2-4 hours of sleep and doing it all over again. It catches up after a while. I have to learn to just remember to STOP and take care of Neosha.
Good news though. This here blog will be getting some renovation. I’m ready to make it even more “open”. This go ’round, I want minimalist design that’s both engaging and cute to look at. Ohhh the excitement. I’m currently going over new color schemes on my vision board for it.
There are other things I plan execute to near perfection like offering better and more organized trainings, paying more attention to my social analytics, creating more niche sites to bring in other streams of income, offering further one-on-one SEO consultations, and maybe even see if I take a shot again at being awarded a business grant.
Even though so much crap is going on in the world to the point of where I fear for even my own future, I’m ready to make 2014 even better and more positive year for myself, personally. I do hope to move into my own place for 2014… FINALLY. This sibling thing is not the business lol. (I love them though…)
All in all, I strive for more opportunity, a happier and even more fulfilled self, and a divine peace in my life for the new year. Self-reflection is pretty cool right?
*grabs yoga mat and attempts meditation again*
What are your plans for the new year? Will you be making any major moves or changes in your life or business? I’d love to hear back from you. Share this with your social friends 🙂